Teaching in Human Society and Its Environment is divided into the teaching of History and the teaching of Geography. At St Peter’s History is taught for one semester and Geography for the other.
- Students investigate their personal, family and community history.
- They develop understanding of Australia's Indigenous and colonial history and how Australia became a nation.
- Students learn about historical concepts, such as viewing an historical event from a different point of view, and historical skills, such as using historical sources for an investigation.
- Students investigate people, places and environments.
- They explore geographical concepts, such as place and sustainability, through real world examples and issues.
- Students learn how to acquire, process and communicate geographical information using geographical tools and inquiry.